content-theme-blog-minimal is a standalone theme for creating your blog within minutes!
- Write your content in markdown with full access to TailwindCSS utilities for styling.
- Categories & tags
- Syntax highlighting with 30+ themes to chose from
- Light and dark mode
- Gallery component for rendering image grids in markdown
- Out of the box continuous deployment for GitHub pages
- Clone this repository.
- Don't have
- Install node using
nvm. (The theme was created and tested on node 12.)
npm install -g yarn
- Now you should be all set to run
- Don't have
Writing and customization
- Modify the default config in
yarn devto start the development server.
- Start writing by adding markdown files in /content/posts and update /content/about.md.
All the high level customizations should be done using this file. Documentation for individual attributes is provided in
Frontmatter block should be added at the very top of the markdown files.
All fields are optional. If none of the posts have
tags set then those links will be hidden from the navbar respectively.
||string||Title of the post. Defaults to the path.|
||string||Description for the post. This is used on listing page and for meta:description.|
||string||Post creation datetime. Defaults to the datetime when the file was created.|
||string||Category under which the post should be grouped into.|
||array||Tags for the post.|
Images and other static content
Images should be put under
static/images. They can then be linked using this syntax
![Alt text](images/name.png) or
Other static content can be put under
static/ as well. Each file inside this directory is mapped to
The theme comes with these custom components that can be used inside markdown files just like HTML tags.
social - By default, this is shown on the footer when social links are present. Use
<social></social> to add that section in other places like about.md.
gallery-item - A basic set of components for showcasing images. Check out showcasing-images.md to see them in action.
- Make sure there are no errors by running
yarn lint. Run
yarn lint --fixto fix the auto-fixable ones.
- Make sure
blog.config.jsis set correctly.
- If you're deploying to GitHub pages, push your changes to
masterand that's it.
- For deploying to other services, modify the
Deploystep in deploy.yml and then push to master.
Getting new features
git remote add upstream https://github.com/dumptyd/content-theme-blog-minimal.git git fetch upstream master git checkout master git rebase upstream/master
Might add in the future
- Code copy widget
- Full text search
- Additional options in navbar
- Draft state
- Table of contents
- Google/other analytics