If you are currently using d3vue we are halting updates on this project. We have created a new plugin that more deeply integrates with Vue using a standalone component. Check out our Github page for v-chart-plugin
D3 + Vue: a D3 Plugin for VueJS
D3 integration with Vue.js
d3vue is a plugin for VueJS 2 that allows you to take data from your Vue instance and bind that data to a D3 v4 data visualization. d3vue uses the v4 merge syntax so when you can call the same function in your lifecycle events (i.e. mounted, beforeUpdate). The function signature is:
this.$helpers.chart.barChart(this.$d3, this.dataSet, this.options);
- this.$d3 is a reference to the d3 instances
- this.dataSet is an array of objects from your instances
- this.options includes
- options.selector: selector name to place the graph.
- options.metric: value you are measuring.
- options.dim: value you will be categorizing the data by.
- options.width: width of the chart.
- options.height: height of the chart.
- options.title: chart title
Other functions are:
this.$helpers.chart.pieChart(...) this.$helpers.chart.lineGraph(...) this.$helpers.chart.scatterPlot(...)
# install dependencies npm install # serve with hot reload at localhost:8080 npm run dev # build for production with minification npm run build # build for production and view the bundle analyzer report npm run build --report