Sakha (Yakut) Keyboard Layouts for macOS
This is a bundle that contains Unicode Sakha (Yakut) Cyrillic and Latin Keyboard Layouts for a macOS machine. Since there is no Sakha Keyboard Layout on macOS by default, this is intended to fill the gap and provide a better experience than copy&pasting symbols.
Layouts are based on default Russian and English (UK).
- Download the latest version from releases.
- Open Terminal. Go to the downloaded bundle directory. Type in the following:
cp -r Sakha\ \(Yakut\).bundle ~/Library/Keyboard\ Layouts/
- Restart your Mac.
- Open System Preferences, and select the Keyboard preferences.
- In the Input Sources tab, enable the Show input in menu bar. Press the [+] button at the bottom left, and search for 'Yakut'.
- Select the desired layout:
You're all set to start using Sakha (Yakut) layout on your Mac.
|Sakha||Sakha + Option key|
|Sakha PC||Sakha PC + Option key|
|Sakha Latin||Sakha Latin + Option key|
|Sakha Latin PC||Sakha Latin PC + Option key|
It's also possible to type uppercase letters by holding down Shift at the same time as Option.
Suggestions are always welcome. Feel free to send me one by opening an issue here.
Inspired by @sandaar/sakha-keylayout-osx