iOS Developer Roadmap
Roadmap to becoming an iOS developer in 2018.
What is it?
This is a tree-like compilation of topics highly relevant to iOS development. Both image and text version are generated from human readable content file.
Who is it for?
The roadmap will be helpul for:
- anyone who wants to become an iOS developer
- iOS developers who desire to become experts
- iOS developers who are preparing for interviews and need to brush up knowledge
- iOS developers who need to compile own set of interview questions
Why these topics?
See this article explaining selection of topics.
How to use this roadmap
- Find a topic you want to study.
- Go to corresponding resources section.
- Study until you can confidently explain the topic to your cat.
- (Optional) tick the checkbox next to the topic. How to tick a checkbox.
- Go to step 1.
Essential topics are topics which significantly contribute to understanding of iOS development. Consequently, it is a good idea to study them first as they are often encountered on interviews.
Getting started section if you haven't done any iOS development yet.
Roadmap of essential topics. Roadmap for all topics is here.
How to contribute
- content file with topics and materials
- ability to generate README.md from the content file
- ability to generate Roadmap tree image from the content file
- make generation script less miserable:
- make it readable
- output Yaml format violation errors
- handle errors of parsing Yaml into Topics and Resources
- handle file read/write errors
- handle image generation errors
- make it readable
- automatic regeneration of roadmap after every commit
- automatic validation of content format on PR
- make sure Travis doesn't deploy if generation script fails
You might also like the iOS Developer Skills Matrix.
iOS and Swift Tutorials and Courses
Learn iOS development & Swift online from the best iOS Swift tutorials and courses recommended by the programming community. https://hackr.io/tutorials/learn-ios-swift