This is an ARKit project that demonstrates drawing out a 3-dimensional box in the world, which can be rotated and resized from each of its faces.
- XCode 9 (or newer)
- One of the following devices (or newer) running iOS 11 (or newer):
- The 2017 9.7-inch iPad
- All three variants of the iPad Pro
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone SE
- Build the project and launch it on your device. Grant it permission to access the camera.
- Move the device around until ARKit detects a suitable horizontal surface - this will appear as a flat blue rectangle.
- Tap somewhere inside the blue rectangle and drag to begin pulling out a straight line from that point.
- Release your finger to confirm the line.
- Drag the line to either side to pull it out into a 2-dimensional rectangle.
- Tap within the rectangle and drag to pull it out into a 3-dimensional box.
- Tap and drag on any face of the box to resize the box from that face.
- Put two fingers on the screen and twist to rotate the box.
- Double-tap on the screen to delete the box and start again.
This project uses code from Apple's ARKitExample sample project. It evolved from a Shopify hackdays project between @paige.sun, @ignacio.chiazzo and @alun.bestor.