Renom is a simple program that allows you to rename your Unreal Engine 4 projects. It handles both Blueprint-only and C++ projects, in accordance with the guidelines set forth here.
Among other things, Renom:
- Automatically detects original project name
- Updates target, build, config, and source files
- Creates backups of all affected files to prevent data loss
- Accommodates consecutive renames
- Optionally cleans up outdated directories (e.g. /Intermediate)
You can use Renom either via the binary release or by building from source.
Simply download the latest release and start the program (
Building from Source
Renom is written in Rust. To build it from source, you will first need the Rust toolchain. Don't be scared, there is copious documentation every step of the way.
Once you have Rust installed...
- Clone the repo
git clone https://github.com/UnrealisticDev/Renom.git
- Navigate into the repo
- Build and run