RustDesk | Your Remote Desktop Software
The best open source remote desktop software written with Rust, out of the box, no configuration required, great alternative of TeamViewer and AnyDesk. You have full control of your data, no concerns about security. You can use our rendezvous/relay server, or set up your own, or write your own rendezvous/relay server.
Desktop versions use sciter for GUI, please download sciter dynamic library yourself.
How To Build
Prepare your Rust development env and C++ build env
Install vcpkg, and set VCPKG_ROOT env variable correctly
- Windows: vcpkg install libvpx:x64-windows-static libyuv:x64-windows-static opus:x64-windows-static
- Linux/Osx: vcpkg install libvpx libyuv opus
- libs/hbb_common: video codec, config, tcp/udp wrapper, protobuf, fs functions for file transfer, and some other utility functions
- libs/scrap: screen capture
- libs/enigo: platform specific keyboard/mouse control
- src/ui: GUI
- src/server: audio/clipboard/input/video services, and network connections
- src/client.rs: start a peer connection
- src/rendezvous_mediator.rs: Communicate with rustdesk-server, wait for remote direct (TCP hole punching) or relayed connection
- src/platform: platform specific code