What is Skytable?
Skytable is an effort to provide the best of key/value stores, document stores and columnar databases, that is, simplicity, flexibility and queryability at scale. The name 'Skytable' exemplifies our vision to create a database that has limitless possibilities. Skytable was previously known as TerrabaseDB (and then Skybase) and is also nicknamed "STable", "Sky" and "SDB" by the community.
Skytable is curently under development, but can be used as a performant, secure and persistent key-value store.
- Download a bundle for your platform from here
- Unzip the bundle
- Make the files executable (run
chmod +x skyd skyshon *nix systems)
- First run
skydto start the database server and then run
skyshto start the interactive shell
- Run commands like:
SET foo bar,
UPDATE cat mittenor
You can learn more about installation here
- Insanely fast: Scale to millions of queries per second per node
- Multiple keyspaces/tables: Seamlessly integrates with actions to provide a SQL-like experience
- Key/value store:
UPDATEand all that stuff. With the
- Volatile tables: For all the caching you need
- Snapshots: Automated (and tunable) snapshots for stress-free backups
- Secure: Secure connections are built into Skytable with SSL/TLS
- Multithreaded: Designed to exploit all CPU cores
- Resource friendly: The database server doesn't need more than 1MB to run
- Convenient: Without the setup hassle and system-specific dependencies
If you want to use a different language, for now you'll just need to implement the simple and performant Skyhash Protocol.
A project which is powered by the community believes in the power of community! If you get stuck anywhere - here are your options!
This project strictly follows semver, however, since this project is currently in the development phase (0.x.y), the API may change unpredictably
Yes - we need you! Be it a typo, a bizarre idea, a dirty bug
You can see a full list of contributors here