Completely refactored internal design and public API for ergonomics as well as to ensure
safe usage. A number of std traits have been implemented for crate types as well.
There is now a Mnemonic type that is the "main" type in the crate, it can only be created by
generating a new one, or supplying valid (proper length) entropy to re-create an existing
mnemonic (see warning below).
Once you have a Mnemonic, you can get a Seed from it for deriving HD wallet addresses, but
for safety it cannot be created directly. You must obtain the Seed from a valid Mnemonic
From crate docs:
Because it is not possible to create a Mnemonic instance that is invalid, it is
therefore impossible to have a Seed instance that is invalid. This guarantees
that only a valid, intact mnemonic phrase can be used to derive HD wallet addresses.
If you supply your own entropy to create a Mnemonic rather than generating a new one or
using Mnemonic::from_string(), the Mnemonic instance you get back is by definition valid
as far as the BIP39 standard is concerned, even if it doesn't correspond to the phrase you
thought it would.
The BIP39 checksum only covers the actual phrase as a string, if you somehow corrupt the
entropy when storing or transmitting it outside this crate, you will get a different but still valid
phrase the next time you use it.
You should think very carefully before storing or using entropy values directly rather than the
mnemonic string, they are generally not useful except in advanced use cases and cannot be
used for HD wallet addresses (that's what the Seed is for, which is not the same thing).
- Better documentation
- Add quick start example to docs in crate root [4e3b097]
- Better public API
- Rename Bip39 struct to Mnemonic [89de089]
- Add a Seed type [22d9a68]
- Add Mnemonic::from_entropy and Mnemonic::from_entropy_hex (#9) [cbec489]
- Add Mnemonic::to_entropy & Mnemonic::to_entropy_hex (#7) [63dec97]
- Allow Mnemonic to be used as a borrowed or owned string [c6d0162]
- Implement AsRef for Mnemonic, gets the phrase as a string [e99b4bd]
- Implement Default for Language and MnemonicType [01d2f46]
- Derive Clone on Mnemonic and Seed [bdf9933]
- Derive Copy and Clone for KeyType [9544ded]
- Derive Copy and Clone for Language [13e3ddb]
- Use consistent rules for KeyType and Language params, don't require refs 
- Better error handling
- Use error-chain (#6) [e878c67]