Big Sur, Please
It's a simple script, that automates some of the actions, required to setup Big Sur on unsupported macs.
Also, follow this topic on MacRumors for more info: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-11-big-sur-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2242172/.
Please report any issues in the github issues section.
- Checks if SIP disabled
- Checks if FileVault disabled (will remove in the future if error 66 not caused by FileVault), this check can be skipped
- Disables library validation
- Adds -no_compat_check to the boot-args
- Automatically downloads and extracts patcher
- Runs installer with patcher, with a little bit different, but more stable method
How to run?
cd ~ git clone https://github.com/4ndv/big-sur-plz.git
Run with default installer path:
Run with custom installer path:
/usr/bin/ruby big_sur_plz.rb "/Users/user/Downloads/Install macOS Beta.app"
And follow the instructions
- ASentientBot for the installer patcher
- MacRumors community in a nutshell