A collection of ruby scripts for those who live in the command line.
Stock Finder / Currency Converter / Weather / Movie Search
Install / Setup
Install all the scripts easily as a ruby gem
gem install jake-scripts
Stock Search - Returns current stock information
Cryptocurrency Search - Returns current cryptocurrency price information
Uses the CryptoCompare API for current price information
Weather Search - Returns current weather information based on IP
Uses the APIXU weather api for data based on IP.
Can also have a city passed as an argument to override the IP location.
Movie Search - Uses OMDB API to return movie data
Uses the OMDB API.
Currency Exchange - Returns converted currency based on realtime exchange rates
Uses Fixer.io for exchange data.
Uses Ruby Money for conversion accuracy + currency symbols
Users now have the option to set their own API keys through environment variables thanks to sethkrasnianski
export OMDBAPI_API_KEY=key export APIXU_API_KEY=key
- Ruby Money - Ruby gem for accurate currency management
- Monetize - Ruby gem for money object creation
- Colorize - Ruby gem for text and background CLI colors
FAQ / Contact
- If you run into any issues, please open an issue ASAP and we'll work to get it resolved and merged.
- All Programs are fully functional, with live API keys baked in.
- Terminal used is Hyper.js -> Background Color: #292937
- Using Oh-My-Zsh, Robby Russell theme, zsh-syntax-highlighting, and zsh_autosuggestions