React and Ionic: a Perfect Match
- React is the best thing ever that happened to front-end development
- Ionic allows you to quickly build iOS and Android apps that are indistinguishable from native apps.
There are other options to create hybrid mobile apps, but Ionic is the most robust and mature. So if you prefer React over Angular, give React-Ionic a try!
Is this for me?
React-Ionic is useful for you if you:
- Like React, or don't mind learning it (you won't regret it; ask me for how to get started).
- Optionally: Use Meteor (this is basically a clone of Meteoric, but without a dependency on Meteor).
If you know what you are doing: React-Ionic is available as an NPM package that can be added to your package.json
npm install reactionic --save
Or just follow the steps below:
Step 1: download
Step 2: code
There is no step 2. Just go ahead and change things to make it your own. Have a look at the guide for more detail.
First release is available for use. We're working on support for Ionic v2, no ETA yet.
A detailed description of each component can be found in the guide.
I need your help to improve this library.
- If you want to patch a bug: create a pull request
- If you want to make a more substantial contribution, please contact me: mark (a) pors.net
Looking forward to your contribution! If you have any questions about it, just drop me an email.
Inspiration and code was "borrowed" from: