This project contains a set of performance test scripts for the F# compiler.
This script will try to measure compile times of different projects for different versions of the F# compiler.
The idea is that you fork https://github.com/Microsoft/visualfsharp and then make changes to the compiler.
This script will help you to measure performance impact of the change by automatically running your compiler fork on well known F# OSS projects.
- Change properties in build.fsx like compiler location and commit hashes you are interested in
- Run "build.cmd BuildProjects"
Now all projects are cloned to ./perftests/ and prepared for the test runs.
- Now run "build.cmd RunPerfTests"
This will clone the compiler project to ./compiler/ and checkout the first hash. Then it will compile the compiler itself and use it to compile the test projects.
At the end you will get a report:
Testing on AppVeyor
This project allows you to run compiler performance experiments on AppVeyor. For this do the following:
- Fork https://github.com/fsprojects/FSharpPerf
- Configure your F# compiler fork and the hashes to test in build.fsx
- Commit the change and send a PR
This will start the test. When it's done you will find the results in AppVeyor's build artifacts.