A curated list of free and open source Software and Hardware projects which can be used to build and control a robot vacuum.
- CleanBOT - DIY bluetooth controlled robot vacuum built from wood and scrap electronics
- DIY Vacuum Robot by CesNieto - DIY robot vacuum built using 3D printing and an Arduino Uno
- Robot Vacuum Cleaner MK2 - DIY robot vacuum built using 3D printing and an Arduino Nano
- RPLIDAR A Series - 360 Degree Laser Scanner with ROS integration and up to 16K samples per second
- Bumper - A standalone and self-hosted implementation of the central server used by Ecovacs vacuum robot
- Dustcloud - Xiaomi Smart Home Device Reverse Engineering and Hacking
- Valetudo - Cloud-free control webinterface for vacuum robots
- Gobot - Golang framework for robotics, drones, and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- ROS (Robot Operating System) - Provides libraries and tools to help software developers create robot applications. It provides hardware abstraction, device drivers, libraries, visualizers, message-passing, package management, and more.
- BreezySLAM - Simple, efficient, open-source package for Simultaneous Localization and Mapping
- cartographer - A system that provides real-time simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) in 2D and 3D across multiple platforms and sensor configurations.
- OpenVSLAM - A Versatile Visual SLAM Framework
- ROS SLAM - a ROS wrapper for OpenSlam's Gmapping
You know a software or hardware project that is not on this list yet? Contributions are very much welcome! Have a look at the Contributing Guidelines to learn how you can add projects to this list.