Twilio Facebook Notification
A python script to receive your Facebook notifications on your mobile via SMS for free.
How it works
A python script is used to parse the Facebook notification xml feed.
Twilio SMS API is used to send SMS.
The script checks the notifications every 30 seconds.
- First login your Facebook account
- Visit www.facebook.com/notifications and click the RSS link
- From the address bar, note down the values of id=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and key=XXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Go to the folder where you downloaded the script
- Open config.conf file
- Substitute the values of user_id with your id and key with your key
- Create a trial account at www.twilio.com
- Go to www.twilio.com/user/account and Click on Show API Credentials link
- Note down your account sid and auth token
- Substitute the values of account_sid with your account sid and auth_token with your auth token in the config file
- Verify the phone number to which you want to receive SMS
- Substitute the values of to_phone and from_phone with your verified phone number
Remember, you must have python3 and pip3 installed.
$ git clone https://github.com/sandipbgt/twilio-fb-notification.git $ cd twilio-fb-notification $ virtualenv venv $ source venv/bin/activate $ pip install -r requirements.txt $ python app.py
How to run
From your terminal type
python3 app.py or
python app.py depending upon how you have installed python on your system