Mezzano, an operating system written in Common Lisp.
Demo releases are available through GitHub.
These releases are designed to be run in VirtualBox, though QEMU is also supported. 2GB of RAM, a virtio-net NIC and an Intel HDA audio controller are recommended.
Building from source
See the MBuild repo: (https://github.com/froggey/MBuild)
For help & support, join #mezzano on Freenode (irc.freenode.net)
Major changes since Demo 3
- FAT32 support has been implemented by Bruno Cichon (ebrasca).
- McCLIM has been ported by fittestbits.
- Quicklisp has been ported by Peter S. Housel.
- Improved introspection tools: DISASSEMBLE and ED have been implemented.
- Generational collection has been added to the garbage collector.
- New SSA-based compiler backend, supporting unboxed value representations.
- Gray streams support has been overhauled.
Major changes since Demo 2
- Trentino, a media player, has been implemented by Eugene Zaikonnikov.
- Further improvements to conformance, stability and performance.
- The CLOS implementation follows the MOP much more closely.
- More traditional window management.
- Booting from CD/USB on real hardware is now possible.
- Driver support for Intel HDA audio devices.
- VirtualBox guest (mouse & display) integration.
Major changes since Demo 1
- Many improvements to conformance, stability and performance.
- The editor has been greatly improved, thanks to Burton Samograd.
- The system now functions correctly on computers with more than 1GB of RAM.
- The allocator and garbage collector now make much better use of available memory, with far fewer GC cycles occuring.
- (ROOM T) prints more detailed information about allocated objects.
- Transparency and premultiplied alpha support in the GUI.
- And more!
"Hypothymis azurea - Kaeng Krachan" by JJ Harrison ([email protected]) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hypothymis_azurea_-_Kaeng_Krachan.jpg
"Mandarin Pair" by © Francis C. Franklin / CC-BY-SA-3.0. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mandarin_Pair.jpg
"Handsome" by Andy Morffew - https://www.flickr.com/photos/andymorffew/19377769093/in/album-72157630893775092/ [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)]
Includes Dejavu Fonts 2.37 (http://dejavu-fonts.org/)
Some icons from Icojam (http://www.icojam.com)