ps is a collection of various computing problems and their corresponding solutions that I could think of. The problems range in various categories such as design, algorithms, performance optimizations, and more.
Feel free to add a Github issue for any discrepancy, typo, alternatives, or a different solution that I might not have considered. Also feel free to add issues for problems that you would like me to work upon - though it may take me a few days to research and jot my notes here.
If you wish to contribute please read the guidelines.
Dedicated to all the friends who inspired me to learn and experiment.
- Fastest sorting of bounded integers (huge arrays) (Nov 2016)
- Fastest way to merge multiple integer sets (Nov 2016)
- Fastest way to find duplicates in multiple integer sets (Nov 2016)
- Find degrees of separation in a social graph (Nov 2016)
- Design a stateless user-session mechanism (Dec 2016)
- Design a rate-limited web-scraper (Dec 2016)
- Design a Content Delivert Network, CDN (Oct 2017)
- Design a simple MongoDB clone (Dec 2018)
Java Virtual Machine
Problems I want to jot my thoughts and notes on:
- How to find the top-k IPs hitting a service
- Design a scalable user authentication system
- Design a shopping cart
- Design a notification system
- Design a CRON scheduler
- Design an object-pool or a connection-pool
- Design an email-delivery system like Mailchimp
- Design a simlpe S3 clone
- Build a simple Redis clone
MIT License ps - Problem Solving Copyright (c) 2016-2018, Sandeep Gupta https://github.com/sangupta/ps Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.