Open Assistant is a prototype open source voice assistant able to interact in basic conversations and automate operating system tasks.
This is the first and original version of Open Assistant. The latest version can be found here: https://github.com/openassistant/oa-core/tree/next
- Arch Linux or Ubuntu Linux (Testing Soon on macOS)
- Python 3.5
- PocketSphinx 5PreAlpha
- GStreamer-1.0 Base Plugins
- aplay - console audio player
- plaympeg - console mp3 player
- projectm - visualizations responsive to sound
- wmctrl - window manager control. opening, closing, resize, switch windows.
- xdotool - command line x automation tool
- xvkbd - virtual keyboard for x
Running Open Assistant
- Download and unpack the latest
run.shto configure desired variables, then save.
$chmod +x ./run.sh
./run.sh -c -H20 -m0 -M mind/boot. Global variables will be set and
$MINDDIR/conf/commands.jsonhas changed and your machine is online, a new dictionary and language model will be created via the Sphinx Knowledge Base Tool.
- Say Launch Open Assistant to enable operating system control commands such as Maximize Window and Fullscreen. Say Launch Stella to initiate a dialogue with her mind. To have Stella quit say Goodbye Stella. Say Close Open Assistant to quit operating system command recognition.
- To change assistant commands and language, edit
conf/commands.json. Exit and relaunch
Open Assistant Versions
Latest Open Assistant: https://github.com/openassistant/oa-core/tree/next
Open Assistant fork for Crux System: https://github.com/s1lvino/c9-ports/tree/master/openassistant