Month Long Course on DAO Development
Welcome to the Block Devs United DAO course! Join our Discord Channel to talk to people in this course.
In the discord channel you will find help and support for passing the requirements each week!
If you want to join, just sign up here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14mlLUAgJyHKfKbxZcQMvtBRZ9_qMOs94hLpmCmjxauM/edit?usp=sharing
- A four week course on DAO Development
- Build as we go, Community created
- Peer to peer learning
- Join if you have a desire to learn DAO development as a group.
- The success of this cohort will serve as a benchmark for the next cohorts
- Open source
- We will have meetups at the start of each week.
- Tutorials and guides will be made available on our Github
- Everyone who completes the course will be granted an “BDU DAO Developer Certificate”
- Certificates are non-transferable NFT’s
- November 1 - DAO Course Kickoff
- November 8 - Week 1 Assignment due, Week 2 Meetup
- November 15 - Week 2 Assignment due, Week 3 Meetup, start of Collaborative DAO
- November 22 - No assignments due, Week 4 Meetup, Collaborative DAO launch
- November 29 - Individual Projects due, Closing meetup, Individual project showcase
- Open Zeppelin
- Anyone can join
- Everyone respect each other
Getting the Certificate
- Must complete course work to progress to next week
- Must complete all 4 weeks to get DAO certificate.
- If you fail to progress you can join the next course (in 2-3 months)
- Nobody is prevented from learning, joining events etc.
Here is the course outline, week by week.
Week 1 - Deploying a snapshot DAO
- Follow this Tutorial - https://docs.snapshot.org/spaces/create
- This is a no code tutorial
- You will need an ENS domain, if you don't have one, you will have to buy one, or join a team that has one.
- Demonstrate ability to deploy a basic DAO on snapshot
- Manage DAO settings
- People can work in teams due to high gas cost.
- This week's requirement can be completed in teams
Week 2 - Deploying Governance Token
Week 3 - Collaborative DAO
- Succeed as a group in creating BDUDAO and participating in governance!
Week 4 - Deploy Live DAO
During week 4 you must deploy a real life DAO project, as an individual or a group