Just Another Buffer Switcher is a minimal buffer switcher window for Neovim written in Lua.
How minimal? One command and one window minimal!
JABS shows exactly what you would expect to see with
:ls, but in a prettier and interactive way.
- Neovim version with Lua support (I only tested with v0.5 Nightly)
- A patched nerd font for the buffer icons
You can install JABS with your plugin manager of choice. If you use
packer.nvim, simply add to your plugin list:
As previously mentioned, JABS only has one command:
:JABSOpen, which opens JABS' window.
By default, you can navigate between buffers with
k as well as
<S-Tab>, and jump to a buffer with
<CR>. When switching buffers the window closes automatically, but it can also be closed with
||jump to buffer|
|s||open buffer in horizontal split|
|v||open buffer in vertical split|
- Your current visible buffers are shown in green
- The alternate buffer (
<C-^>) is shown in yellow
- All other buffers are shown in white
JABS is in its infancy and there's still a lot to be done. Here's the currently planned features:
- Switch to buffer by typing its number
- Preview buffer
- Close buffer with keymap (huge thanks to @garymjr)
- Open buffer in split
- Sort modes (maybe visible and alternate on top)
Suggestions are always welcome