The SCodeScanner stands for Source Code Scanner, where you can scan your source code files like PHP and get identify the vulnerabilities inside it. The tool can use by Pentester, Developer to quickly identify the weakness.
Learn more on http://scodescanner.info
The main features for this tool are:-
- Scans the whole folder which contains multiple PHP files.
- Scans folder inside a folder, NOTE: This scans only one time, it will not scan folders inside folders inside folder
- It will not only notify you at which file but also which line the vulnerable code exists for quickly identified it.
- Scans not only the PRE-Defined PHP variables but also scans the custom variables. Like a
$test1 = $_GET["aaa"], then it scans for both
GETvariables inside the source code
- Scans functions with a function that contains our variable. Like
include(htmlentities($test))so it will parse this and give the results like the $test variable found inside the include function. Because there might be possiblity of using base64 function instead of htmlentities.
- It runs on your localhost, where you will have to give the folder name for scans.
- Give results out for each file inside the anchors tag (So you can move on to it.)
- You can add more functions which are dangerous if you found missing any inside the vulnerablefunctions python file.
Test Vulnerable Folders
This tool uses vulnerable scripts from this repo:- https://github.com/snoopysecurity/Vulnerable-Code-Snippets
There are predifined folder named final, where it contains the PHP files/folder. Just for test. You can also use that folder to see how this tool will find the results in PHP.
python scscanner.py final
Please go to:- http://scodescanner.info/2021/05/21/example-content/
How to run it?
If you don't have any of these please download, then,
- Upload your folder which contains files inside upload directory, find it in root folder of this tool. This is important to run this tool (Working on this to make it more smoother).
- On terminal:-
pip install -r requirements.txt
- On terminal:-
php -S localhost:80
- Browse to localhost
- Type the foldername which contains the PHP files
OR run it on Terminal to see if any error pops up
python scscanner.py foldername
Note: Please try not to change the main file name 'scscanner.py', otherwise we will have to change the name in upload.php file.
I would really like to hear your thoughts on this tool. And if you wanted to contribute in this tool please let me know on Twitter agrawalsmart7 or you can send me a Pull request.
For now, I have focused only on PHP, but in future, I will make this scanner for other languages too. Focused languages are:- PHP, ASP, PYTHON JAVA. Let me know if anyone interested.
Also, I will update this tool regularly to make it more powerful.