Firefly III Nordigen importer
- About the Firefly III Nordigen importer
- Getting Started
- Known import challenges
- Other stuff
- Need help?
About the Firefly III Nordigen importer
Welcome! You found the Nordigen importer, a tool to import transactions from banks that are supported by Nordigen, into Firefly III. The name kind of gave it away, didn't it?
This tool is built and designed to make it easy to import data into your Firefly III installation. It uses the official Nordigen API's and optionally, a config file to make everything go smooth.
Use this tool to (automatically) import your transactions into Firefly III. If you're a bit of a developer, feel free to use this code to generate your own import tool.
- This tool will let you download or generate a configuration file, so the next import will go faster.
- It will not import duplicate transactions.
- It can recognize all currencies, transaction types and other things that Firefly III supports.
Who's it for?
Anybody who uses Firefly III and wants to automatically import transactions. Your bank must be supported by Nordigen.
You can use this tool in several ways.
Generally speaking, it's easiest to use and install this tool the same way as you use Firefly III. And although it features an excellent web-interface, you can also use the command line to import your data.
There are upgrade instructions for both methods of installation.
The full usage instructions can be found in the documentation. Basically, this is the workflow:
Using the web interface
- Register with Nordigen.
- Set up and configure the importer.
- Map values from your transactions to existing values in your database.
- Enjoy the result in Firefly III.
Using the command line
Using the auto-import
- Import at least once, so you'll have a configuration file (see above).
- Run the Docker inline import command
If you need support using Firefly III or the associated tools, come find us!
- GitHub Discussions for questions and support
- Gitter.im for a good chat and a quick answer
- GitHub Issues for bugs and issues
- Follow me around for news and updates on Twitter
For all other contributions, see below.