Meteor is an ultra-simple environment for building modern web applications.
With Meteor you write apps:
- that send data over the wire, rather than HTML
- using your choice of popular open-source libraries
Try a getting started tutorial:
On Windows, the installer can be found at https://www.meteor.com/install.
On Linux/macOS, use this line:
curl https://install.meteor.com/ | sh
Create a project:
meteor create try-meteor
cd try-meteor meteor
Building an application with Meteor?
- Deploy on Galaxy hosting: https://www.meteor.com/hosting
- Announcement list: sign up at https://www.meteor.com/
- Having problems? Ask for help at: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/meteor
- Discussion forums: https://forums.meteor.com/
- Join the Meteor community Slack by clicking this invite link.
Interested in helping or contributing to Meteor? These resources will help:
Aside from a short launcher shell script, Meteor installs itself inside your home directory. To uninstall Meteor, run:
rm -rf ~/.meteor/ sudo rm /usr/local/bin/meteor
On Windows, just run the uninstaller from your Control Panel.