Sunpaper is a linux utility to change wallpaper based on local sunrise and sunset times.
It works with several modified dynamic themes to move through eight images depending on the position of the sun at your location and time of year.
Compatible with any distribution and window manager (X or wayland).
- Changes wallpaper based on the sun location where you are
- Sets a day/night wallpaper with 3 additional transitions for each sunrise/sunset
- 6 wallpaper themes to choose from (previews)
- Live Weather mode - show wallpapers based on weather outside
- Moonphase Mode - show wallpapers reflecting the correct phase of the moon.
- Darkmode - run external scripts on a day/night trigger
- Pywal mode - get on-the-fly color scheme changes for each wallpaper change.
- Waybar mode - display icon and transition report as tooltip
- Sway/Oguri mode - no-flash wallpaper changes in sway
- More original content FOSS wallpaper themes
- More custom status bar modes
Check the wiki for full documentation about install, configuration, tips & tricks, etc
Dynamic wallpapers are awesome, but transitions are usually based on static timetables. I wanted something that could adapt to sunrise and sunset changes over the year without any input from me. The idea is to as closely recreate the Apple Big Sur Dynamic Desktop behavior as possible.
from Blake Watson & Sunpaper: (3440x2150)
|Corporate Synergy||sun transitions||moon phases||live weather|
Sunpaper also works with the following external themes. These wallpaper images are not mine, and may be subject to copyright. They are from the following sources:
from Apple Big Sur (6016x6016)
|The Desert||The Lake||The Cliffs||The Beach|
from Louis Coyle: (7680x3214)