A modern prompt manager for the Fish shell.
- Out of the box: With four compelling styles and myriad options, you can have your out-of-the-box cake and customize it too.
- Flexible: Move content around, remove it, or add it back, all without ever touching a line of code.
- Powerful: Impress all your Fish friends with alien technologies like a multi-line right prompt.
- Extensible: Create custom content with simple fish functions that integrate seamlessly.
- Fish ≥ 3.1
- A Nerd Font installed and enabled in your terminal (for example the recommended font).
Install with Fisher:
fisher install IlanCosman/tide
tide configure to open the the wizard in your terminal.
items list for each side of the prompt, you have full control of which and where prompt sections display.
Multi-Line Right Prompt
Fish can't do that yet can it!
Tide takes care of all the multi-line logic and printing for you. All you have to do is add the
If there isn't an item that fits your needs you can make your own (and hopefully submit a pull request) or ask for it to be made by opening an issue.
Tide can easily produce the same prompt as Pure (with a number of improvements). Run
tide configure and select the Pure style.
All of Tide's features are available while using Pure style, though it displays less information by default than Lean style.
See the configuration guide for variable documentation.
From the smallest typo to the largest feature, contributions of any size or experience level are welcome!
If you're interested in helping contribute to Tide, please take a look at the Contributing Guide.
Meslo Nerd Font
Gorgeous monospace font designed by Jim Lyles for Bitstream, customized for Apple, enhanced by André Berg, and finally patched by Roman Perepelitsa of Powerlevel10k with scripts originally developed by Ryan McIntyre of Nerd Fonts. Contains all the glyphs and symbols that Tide may need. Battle-tested in dozens of different terminals on all major operating systems.
Download these four ttf files:
Open each file and click "Install". This will make the
MesloLGS NF font available to all applications on your system. Configure your terminal to use this font.