Awesome http REST tool for vim
Templates in action:
- Intuitive syntax mimics HTTP protocol
- Templates to capture state
- Response and connection times in status line
- Automatic json request body detector
- Automatic json/xml response formatter
- Separate buffers for response body, response headers and request
- Support for HTTP basic auth
- Support for ssl client certificates
vial-http is pathogen friendly and only requires vial to be installed:
cd ~/.vim/bundle git clone https://github.com/baverman/vial.git git clone https://github.com/baverman/vial-http.git
or for Plug:
Plug 'baverman/vial' Plug 'baverman/vial-http'
Note: vim should be compiled with python or python3 support.
You need following options in your vimrc:
set hidden filetype plugin on
hidden must be set because Vial-Http uses non-file temporary offscreen buffers with response content and without
hidden they will be empty.
filetype plugin on needed for default keymap working.
<leader><cr>executes request line under the cursor
<c-j>cycle throw response/request/response headers windows
:VialHttpexecutes request line under the cursor