a collection of awesome PowerShell Resources
Repository for the Facebook Group PowerShell Scripting. To contribute to this repository, please see Contribution Guidelines, or simply create a new issue if you want it done for you. This repository contains useful PowerShell scripts and articles that have been curated by the group.
- PowerShell Scripting
What is PowerShell?
Windows PowerShell is a shell initially developed by Microsoft for task automation and configuration management. PowerShell is now an open-source project, and it can be installed on Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms. This shell is based on the .NET framework, and it includes a command-line shell and a scripting language.
What is the Facebook Group
The Facebook group, PowerShell Scripting is a group with 24,200 members dedicated to working together on scripts, questions, and answers.
What is this repository
This repository is a maintained list of scripts, articles and more, curated by the community which allows members to quickly find answers to questions and more.
- Copy all files and folders - Copies all files and folders recursively, from a request by Arun Kumar.
- Function Template - Creates a new function. This template contains and describes many of the different options you can use to create a function.
- Get Office 365 SKUs and write to Event Log - This script connects to Office 365 and writes the current AccountSKUs to the Application Event Log as Informational Messages.
- PowerShell Profile Backup - This amazing tool backups up a profile, with a UI, all from PowerShell.
- Get Answer from Google - Add this script to your profile and you'll always be close to getting the google answer you need. - From StackOverflow.
- Kill Covid-19 - It would be nice to have this script but for now, it doesn't seem to work, even on Linux.
- PowerShell Scripts Repository for Active Directory - Atera and more specifically Liron Hanania's script library for Active Directory and Windows Administration.
- Conditional Logic with If-Else - a key part of any scripting is conditional logic, allowing your script to make decisions. This script from June Castillote gives a great example of this.
- Export Office 365 License Expiry Date Report - This superb report helps admins know when users' licenses are due to expire.
- How to Generate an Office 365 Active User Report - this walkthrough on LazyExchangeAdmin shows how to create an Active Users Report using PowerShell and the Microsoft Graph Rest API.
- Managing NTFS Permissions with PowerShell - this great article by Timothy Warner explains how to use PowerShell to manage NTFS Permissions.
- Writing Powershell GUIs the easy way - Talking about different ways of structuring powershell UIs and introducing a module for super quick creation of easy and readable UIs.
- Building Powershell GUIs that won’t freeze when you use them - A quick look at writing multi-threaded UIs with PowerShell using the EasyGUI module
This list is for information purposes only. There is no warranty express or implied regarding the scripts and links above and their applicability or fitness for purpose. You are responsible and take all risks for any of the scripts you use.