Microsoft Machine Learning Server Docker Image
An unofficial Docker image for the Microsoft Machine Learning Server.
- This Docker image was built for development/prototyping in mind. If you need this in production, go to their product page.
- I am not affiliated with Microsoft. I built this to try out Microsoft Machine Learning Server.
Machine Learning Server includes a collection of packages, interpreters, and infrastructure for developing and deploying R and Python-based machine learning and data science solutions on a range of platforms, from standalone installs on Linux and Windows to large distributed deployments on node clusters. With these custom R and Python packages, Machine Learning Server brings the best of open source and proprietary innovation together.
It lets people try something easily without having a large amount of setup. - @moshen
This repo allows you to try out the Microsoft Machine Learning Server without actually going through the trouble of installing it.
Here are some things you can do with it:
- Run Jupyter Notebook, do some machine learning experiments and take some notes.
- Run some Python code in the Machine Learning Server interactive Python shell.
- Open up a console and run your Python or R scripts there.
- Use it as a machine learning service in a web application prototype using
To use this image, you need to install Docker first.
Getting the Docker image
docker pull johnpaulada/microsoftml
Open a console
docker run -it johnpaulada/microsoftml /bin/bash
Use the Machine Learning Server Python command
docker run -it johnpaulada/microsoftml mlserver-python
Opening Jupyter Notebooks
To open a Jupyter notebook, run this on your console:
docker run -p 8888:8888 -it johnpaulada/microsoftml
Then copy the link the command will give you and open it in your browser.
- The image is pretty big so make sure you have some space left on your computer.
Great many thanks to @moshen for doing a wonderful job cleaning up the Dockerfile and giving me tips regarding Docker.
Microsoft Machine Learning Server is built into SQL Server 2017 at no additional charge.
Microsoft Machine Learning Server stand-alone for Linux or Windows is licensed core-for-core as SQL Server 2017.
All customers who have purchased Software Assurance for SQL Server Enterprise Edition are entitled to use 5 nodes of Microsoft Machine Learning Server for Hadoop/Spark for each core of SQL Server 2017 Enterprise Edition under SA. In addition, we are removing the core limit per-node; customers can have unlimited cores per node of Machine Learning Server for Hadoop/Spark.