An nginx config for 2017
nginx has excellent official documentation but putting all the logic together can take a while. Here's an
- Load balancing between multiple app servers
- A sorry page (shown if all the app servers go down)
- Static content served on a separate server
- HTML5 SSE support
- Correct proxy headers for working GeoIP
- The various www vs non-www, HTTP vs HTTPS combinations redirected to a single HTTPS site
See the full documentation at CertSimple, including diagrams and explanations for why particular values were chosen.
Pull requests welcome
If you have useful changes or additions you're welcome to send pull requests. Try and use include files in
conf.d where possible!