A curated list of free resources to master React Development
Table Of Contents
- Essential Path
- Optional Path
- How To Use This Guide
- How To Collaborate
- Inspiration And Additional Resources
This project aims to collect the best free resources for those that want to learn how to build applications with React and also understand the concepts that come with its adoption like Functional Programming, Composition, Unidirectional Data Flow and many others.
- Learn ES6 (ECMAScript 2015)
- Exploring ES6
- Exploring ES2016 and ES2017
- React Router Docs
- Several project ideas
- React - TodoMVC
- Bootstrapping a React project
- Build a Weather app
- The SoundCloud Client in React + Redux
- A Primer on the React Ecosystem: 1, 2 and 3.
- Building a React/Redux App with JSON Web Token (JWT) Authentication
Static Type Checkers
Immutable Data Structures
How To Use This Guide
Use a linear approach to complete this guide. That means you should start with the first resource in the Essential Path and pass to the next one after you finish the previous and after make a practical project to internalize what you have learned.
The React's ecosystem is overwhelming for beginners. Ensure to learn each new tool isolatedly.
In the sections about React, Webpack, and ES2015+, the initial resources are more superficial and the last ones are going deeper in the respective topic. You can opt to learn the basics first and return to them later, but don't skip them without have a basic knowledge of the matter.
After you complete the Essential Path, you can choose one (or more) topics in the Optional Path. You do not need to go through this section in the same linear approach, you should choose new topics to learn based on your necessity and/or desire.
How To Collaborate
To suggest new sections or new resources, open one issue for each resource/section explaining why we should add/remove such item. After at least 5 people approve (
The reason to keep this way of collaboration is to ensure that our list of resources will be really concise, bringing only the best resources for those that want to master the topics listed here.
- Project creator: Eric Douglas
- Project maintainer: Eric Douglas
- Contributors: contributors
Inspiration And Additional Resources
- You’re Missing the Point of React
- Your Timeline for Learning React
- 5 Steps for Learning React Application Development
- Path to Learning React