A versatile web based messenger using IRC
- 100% static files. Host with your favourite web server or a CDN
- For single networks, bouncer hosts, or a personal generic IRC client that remembers your networks
- Works out of the box with a default IRC network - or use your own
- Single or multiple IRC network connections
- Multiple layouts for small areas or full page layouts
- Light and dark modes
- Desktop notifications
- Extremely versatile via a single JSON config file at runtime
- Themable and rich plugin support such as file uploading and video calling
- Team mode for workplaces
- Directly to a websocket IRC server
- Connect via the webircgateway websocket proxy for normal IRC servers
- Stay connected with KiwiBNC
Installing Kiwi IRC
If you just want to embed an IRC client on your website, you can generate a custom client hosted by kiwiirc.com using the simple client builder, https://kiwiirc.com/clientbuilder/
To install Kiwi IRC on your own server, pre-built and ready to use installers can be found at the downloads page, https://kiwiirc.com/downloads/
Building from source
Before you can build or start to develop on Kiwi IRC, make sure to have the following installed on your system:
Building for production
# Install dependencies $ yarn install # Build Kiwi IRC into the dist/ folder $ yarn run build
Note: Be sure to copy the files from the
dist/ folder to your webserver! This folder will be overwritten each time it is built.
Kiwi IRC is built using Vuejs, webpack and babel.
# Install dependencies yarn install # Optionally link git pre-commit linting hooks ln -s $PWD/scripts/pre-commit .git/hooks/ # A development web server with hot reloading at http://localhost:8080/ yarn run dev
Note: Do not use this development environment on your live website. It is slow, very large, and unsecure.
By default, the client will load the /static/config.json file on startup which contains the runtime configuration. When running in the development environment this can be found at static/config.json
Kiwi IRC is tested on all modern browsers and IE11. Other browsers are not actively tested and may have trouble running Kiwi IRC.
- Chrome Mobile (Android)
- Safari 9+