Ethereum for humans!
What is Dopplr?
Think Dopplr as Metamask minus chrome extension plus identity provider.
Dopplr is an extensible & cross-platform Ethereum browser. Using
window.postMessage, it provides a secure way of signing data while keeping encrypted private key in
localStorage or somewhere in a remote location.
- DApp developer embeds Dopplr-Web3 library (https://dopplr.io/web3.js) with the DApp.
- When DApp is loaded using Dopplr-browser (inside an
Dopplr-Web3will connect to parent web3-provider.
iframe-messengerroutes all the RPC and signing calls to Dopplr-browser, and then again redirected back to DApp upon result.
- Dopplr-browser contains Dopplr-UI which handles signing requests through intermediate OTP provider (optional).
- Up on successful authentication, the signed data is passed back to the DApp, otherwise an authentication error is thrown.
- this end point (/harshjv) is configured with;
- Telegram as OTP provider
- a remote server as encrypted private key provider
- Browse any Dopplr-compatible DApp
- Do any destructive action
- For development/test environment, OTP is
123456and password is