Konsole.js is a On-Screen Debugger/Logger and (optionally) default browser console replacement for mobile and desktop.
Konsole was created to have a quick and simple way to debug a project you are working on, without the need to have a debugger take up precious space. Konsole can be quickly accessed and used via Keyboard shortcuts. If you want to open Konsole on mobile, there is a hidden square/button at the bottom right of the browser on mobile devices.
Here, have a demo.
- Mobile Friendly. Can be opened via a hidden square/button at the bottom right of any mobile browser.
- Obviously logging ( Log types:
log, info, system, warn, error, event).
- Prettifies log output, also allowing to define custom inspection depth
- Takeover-Mode: use Konsole as if it were
console. (Can be disabled)
- Create custom commands that can be called via the Commandline.
- Monitor values via a floating Window. Useful for fast changing properties.
Object.observein Konsole. Loads Polyfill (using MaxArt2501/object-observe) if neccessary.
- Display FPS/MS Stats via mrdoob/stats.js.
- Find / Highlight DOM Elements.
- Display DOM Elements in Konsole.
- A simple DOM Overflow Tester ( no success-guarantee given ;) ).
- CSS Manipulation ( add/remove classes, change properties, retrieve styles on DOM Element ).
- Possibility to log to a server via KonsoleReport.
Konsole currently requires
jQuery v1 or
Konsole comes in two flavors:
bundledwith prettify.js for DOM Element beautifying.
minin case you don't need/want that.
nokonsoleto disable logging without the need to remove any logging code.
- The same thing can be achieved by setting the option
||Open / Close Konsole (can be user-defined)|
||Browse the commandline history|
||Scroll Konsole content. Press
||Resize Konsole. Press
||Snap Konsole to any border of the screen|
- Check out the JSDocs for a Method and Property Reference.
- There are simple examples on how to use Konsole in the
/examplesfolder. Basic Example , Options Example
- For a list of available commands type
helpin the Konsole commandline.
KonsoleReport is a small PHP Backend for Konsole to send messages to. It requires PHP 5+ and writes its logs as JSON Files (one for each day).
Check out the JSDocs on how to use it.
More Documentation will be added soon hopefully :)
- Any modern Desktop or Mobile Browser and IE9 upwards
- IE8 requires
jQuery v1. No guarantees given that everything works smoothly :P
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2015 Sandro Ducceschi eatcodeplay.ch
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.