Create Your Cryptocurrency Tutorial
This repository is related to the How To Develop a Cryptocurrency - The Complete Guide (2022) tutorial. It contains the boilerplates code for a functioning ERC20 Token - Crypto.
Install the node packages:
Compile the Smart Contracts:
npx hardhat compile
Deploy the Token on Polygon Mumbai
Everything explained above is extensively explained in the How To Develop a Cryptocurrency - The Complete Guide (2022)
- Create a new file called ".env" in the root folder of the project.
- Create a new variable in the .env file, and name it: PRIVATE_KEY
- Retrieve your wallet's private key and assign it to the PRIVATE_KEY variable
- Grab you Polygon Mumbai Testnet URL on Alchemy
- Substitute "YOUR ALCHEMY POLYGON MUMBAI ENDPOINT" with your URL
- Get some test MATIC from an online faucet such as this one
Once everything is read, run the following code in your terminal:
npx hardhat run ./scripts/deploy.js --network mumbai
This will log the address of the newly deployed Ttoken.
- Go to Metamask and add the newly deployed token
All the work contained in this repository is provided “AS IS”. Developer makes no other warranties, express or implied, and hereby disclaims all implied warranties, including any warranty of merchantability and warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. The code should not be used in a production environment.
Pull requests are welcome. For major changes, please open an issue first to discuss what you would like to change.