VS Code Extension Samples
This repository contains sample code illustrating the VS Code extension API. Each sample is a self-contained extension that explains one topic in VS Code API or VS Code's Contribution Points. You can read, play with or adapt from these samples to create your own extensions.
You can expect from each sample:
- An explanation of its functionality
- A gif or screenshot demonstrating its usage
- Link to a guide on VS Code website, if it has one
- Listing of used VS Code API and Contribution Points
- Code of the same style, enforced using ESLint
git clone https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode-extension-samples
npm installin the terminal, then
F5to run the sample
- Alternatively, follow the instructions in each sample's README for setting up and running the sample
- Hello World Sample: The Hello World sample for VS Code. See Extension Anatomy documentation.
- Hello World Test Sample: Hello World sample with extension integration test. See Testing Extensions documentation.
Language Protocol Server Samples
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Licensed under the MIT License.