A lightweight open framework for building fast and efficient cloud-native Java microservices:
- Open Liberty is fast to start up with low memory footprint and live reload for quick iteration.
- Simple to add and remove features from the latest versions of MicroProfile and Java EE.
- Zero migration lets you focus on what's important, not the APIs changing under you.
git clone https://github.com/OpenLiberty/sample-getting-started.git cd sample-getting-started mvn clean package liberty:run-server
Open browser to http://localhost:9080/ and explore the demo application.
See this guide to learn how it works.
- This guide demonstrates development using Docker containers.
- This guide demonstrates development using the Liberty Maven Plugin.
- This reference demonstrates the basic server operation commands.
Open Liberty Docs
Our CONTRIBUTING document contains details for submitting pull requests.
Running a Build
Clone the repository to your system.
git clone [email protected]:OpenLiberty/open-liberty.git
Run a gradle build.
cd open-liberty/dev ./gradlew cnf:initialize ./gradlew assemble
Run the unit or FAT tests.
./gradlew testfor unit tests
./gradlew build.example_fat:buildandrunto run a FAT project
./gradlew buildruns the
Perform a local release
NOTE: This task releases all projects to the local releaseRepo. The final openliberty zip can be found in
Usage is provided under the EPL 1.0 license See LICENSE for the full details.