MusicPlayer is an open source music player for Mac and Windows.
- Add songs to a playlist by:
- Clicking the "Add Song to Playlist" button when a song is selected.
- Dragging a song, artist, or album and dropping on the desired playlist to add the dragged contents to the playlist.
- Selecting multiple songs using
SHIFTkeys, then dragging & dropping on a playlist.
Automatic Music Library Updates
- The app's music library updates on startup if a song has been added or deleted from the user's music directory.
Compatible with Media Keys on Keyboard
Previousmedia keys can be used to play, pause, or skip songs.
- Please note that this feature is only available on Windows.
MusicPlayer.jarfile from the
releasesdirectory in the repository.
Create a directory in your computer to store the JAR file. When the app runs for the first time, it will create an
imgdirectory and a
library.xmlfile to store song data in the directory where the JAR is located.
NOTE: THIS STEP IS ONLY NEEDED ON WINDOWS. Download the
JIntellitype.dllfile from the
releasesdirectory and place it in the directory created in Step 2. This file is required by the
jintellitypelibrary to enable media key functionality on keyboards. The app will not start properly if the
JIntellitype.dllfile is not in the same directory as the
Run the app by double-clicking the
Create a desktop shortcut for
releasesdirectory and set it as the icon for the desktop shortcut.
Supported File Types
MusicPlayer supports the following file types:
// MP3 case "mp3": // MP4 case "mp4": case "m4a": case "m4v": // WAV case "wav":
The project was built in eclipse with the following directory structure.
releases: Contains the JAR file for the latest release
src: Contains project source code
Code released under the MIT license. See LICENSE for details.