Go-Chassis is a microservice framework for rapid development of microservices in Go. it focus on helping developer to deliver cloud native application more easily. The idea of logo is, developer can recreate and customize their own "wheel"(a framework) by go chassis to accelarate the delivery of software.
Why use Go chassis
- powerful middleware "handler chain": powerful than "filter" or "interceptor". each handler in chain is able to get the running result of backward handler and your business logic. It is very useful in varies of scenario, for example:
- a circuit breaker need to check command results
- track response status and record it, so that prometheus can collect them
- track critical response result, so that you can audit them
- distribute tracing, you can complete the end span spec after business logic executed
the commonplace above is helping you decouple common function from business logic. without handler chain. those function will couple with business logic
go chassis is designed as a protocol-independent framework, any protocol is able to integrate with go chassis and leverage same function like load balancing, circuit breaker,rate limiting, routing management, those function resilient your service
go chassis makes service observable by bringing open tracing and prometheus to it.
go chassis is flexible, many different modules can be replaced by other implementation, like registry, metrics, handler chain, config server etc
With many build-in function like route management, circuit breaker, load balancing, monitoring etc, your don't need to investigate, implement and integrate many solutions yourself.
- Pluggable discovery service: Support Service center, kubernetes. fit both client side discovery and server side discovery pattern, and you can disable service discovery to use end to end communication.
- Pluggable Protocol: You can customize protocol, by default support http and grpc, go chassis define standardized model to makes all request of different protocol leverage same features
- Multiple server management: you can separate API by protocols and ports
- Handler Chain: Able to add your own code during service calling for client and server side
- rich middleware: based on handler chain, supply circuit breaker, rate limiting, monitoring, auth features. see
- Traffic marker Traffic marker module is able to mark requests in both client(consumer) or server(provider) side, with marker, you can govern traffic based on it.
- Traffic management: Able to route to different service based on weight and match rule, it can be used in many scenario, such as canary release
- Security: build in cipher, authentication, RSA related funtions
- Safety and resilience: support fault-tolerant(retry, rate limiting, client-side load-balancing, circuit breaker) to makes your service facing any unpredictable situation.
- Telemetry: Able to expose Prometheus metric API automatically and customize metrics report. Use opentracing-go as standard library.
- Backing services: use backend service as a plugin, so that your app can be easily tested, and swap to another plugin.
- Hot re-configuration: Powered by go-archaius, configurations can be reload in runtime, like load balancing, circuit breaker, rate limiting, developer is also able to develop a service which has hot-reconfiguration feature easily. see
- API first go chassis will automatically generate Open API 2.0 doc and register it to service center. you can manage all the API docs in one place
- Spring Cloud integrate with servicecomb, go chassis can work together with spring cloud.
- Service mesh: you can introduce multi-language to your microservice system. powered by servicecomb-mesher.
- Less dependencies: checkout the go.mod file, it has less dependency on open source project by default, to import more features checkout plugins to see more features
1.Generate go mod
go mod init
2.Add go chassis
go get github.com/go-chassis/go-chassis/[email protected]
if you are facing network issue
3.Write your first http micro service
You can see more documentations in here,
You can check examples here
NOTICE: Now examples is migrating to here
Go-Chassis supports 2 types of communication protocol.
- http - an approach that leverages the HTTP protocol for communication.
- gRPC - native grpc protocol, go chassis bring circuit breaker, route management etc to grpc.
Debug suggestion for dlv:
-tags debug into go build arguments before debugging, if your go version is go1.10 onward.
go build -tags debug -o server -gcflags "all=-N -l" server.go
debug tag to resolve dlv debug issue:
Other project using go-chassis
- apache/servicecomb-kie: A cloud native distributed configuration management service, go chassis and mesher integrate with it, so that user can manage service configurations by this service.
- apache/servicecomb-mesher: A service mesh able to co-work with go chassis, it is able to run as a API gateway also.
- KubeEdge: Kubernetes Native Edge Computing Framework (project under CNCF) https://kubeedge.io
To register your self, go to https://github.com/go-chassis/go-chassis/issues/592
If you're interested in being a contributor and want to get involved in developing, please check CONTRIBUTING and wiki for details.