Command-line tool written in Go to organise all media files in a directory recursively by date, detecting duplicates.
- Organizes media (images and videos) by year and month folders.
- Extracts metadata like EXIF and XMP into separated JSON files.
- Detects duplicates (by comparing file checksum) and skips moving/copying them.
- Normalizes the file names.
- Fixes file creation time, by using the one in the metadata if available.
- go >= v1.16
- exiftool >= v12
go install github.com/allanavelar/go-media-organizer
Check all the available options with the help command:
Bugs and feature requests
Have a bug or a feature request? Please first read the issue guidelines and search for existing and closed issues. If your problem or idea is not addressed yet, please open a new issue.
Please read through our contributing guidelines. Included are directions for opening issues, coding standards, and notes on development.
Moreover, all code should conform to the Code Guide, maintained by Main author.
Editor preferences are available in the editor config for easy use in common text editors. Read more and download plugins at https://editorconfig.org/.
|▲▼ Allan Avelar ۞|
Copyright and license
Code released under the MIT License.