A Go library for validating structs and fields.
Simple and stupid, no magic involved.
Schema is defined in Go, which is type-safer (and more powerful) than traditional struct tags.
- Validators are composite.
- Nested struct validation is well supported.
- Schema can be defined inside or outside struct.
- Validator customizations are made easy.
$ go get github.com/RussellLuo/validating
Validator factories and validators
To be strict, this library has a conceptual distinction between
validator factory and
A validator factory is a function to create a validator, which will do the actual validation.
Built-in validator factories
- Single field
- Flag field
- Simple struct
- Nested struct
- Nested struct (schema inside)
- Nested struct pointer
- Nested struct slice
- Nested struct map
Check out the Godoc.
This library borrows some ideas from the following libraries:
Prefer no reflection.
Support composite-style validator factories
Use the term