Things that work.
- Connects through the Web App API without a browser
- Allows sending and receiving WhatsApp messages in a command line app
- Allows downloading and opening image/video/audio/document attachments
- Uses QR code for simple setup
- Binaries for Windows, Mac, Linux and RaspBerry Pi
This is a WIP and mainly meant for my personal use. Heres some things you might expect to work that don't. Plus some other things I should mention.
- Only shows existing chats
- Only fetches a few old messages
- No incoming message notification / count
- No proper connection drop handling
- No uploading of images/video/audio/data
- Not configurable at all (except through your terminal settings)
- Leaves its config files in your home folder
- FaceBook obviously doesn't endorse or like these kinds of apps and they're likely to break when FaceBook changes stuff in their web app
Installation / Usage
How to get it running and how to use it
Always fresh, always up to date.
- Download a release
- Put the binary in your PATH (optional)
- Run with
- Scan the QR code with WhatsApp on your phone (maybe resize shell)
Some unofficial ways to install via package managers are supported but the installed version might be out of date.
brew install normen/tap/whatscli
Arch Linux (AUR)
git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/whatscli.git
yay -S whatscli