Promviz is an application that helps you visualize the traffic of your cluster from Prometheus data.
It has 2 components:
Promviz: retrieves data from Prometheus servers, aggregates them and provides an API to get the graph data.
- Generates and renders traffic graph in realtime
- Able to replay from any time in the past
- Able to generate notices on node and connection from prom query
- Provides a sidecar application for k8s that watches config changes and reload Promviz server in runtime
- Fits with Istio's metrics
If you are using Helm, the simplest way to install is using the charts in
helm directory with
helm install --name promviz ./helm/promviz helm install --name promviz-front ./helm/promviz-front
Docker images of both
promviz-front are available on Docker Hub.
I have already prepared 2 examples and put them in the
You can try it by going to that directory and run
docker-compose -f simple-compose.yaml up --build
docker-compose -f full-compose.yaml up --build
Then checkout each service at:
- promviz-front: http://localhost:8080/graph
- promviz: http://localhost:9091/graph
- prometheus: http://localhost:9090/graph
- mock-metric: http://localhost:30001/metrics
See configuration.md in documentation directory.
Please feel free to create an issue or pull request.
Promviz is released under the MIT license. See LICENSE file for details.