Store your Markdown Notes in any Git Repo
GitJournal is a note taking app focused on privacy and data portability. It stores all its notes in a standardized Markdown + YAML header format (optional). The notes are stored in a Git Repo of your choice - GitHub / Gitlab / Custom-provider. This means you can easily self host or host your notes in one of the many Git providers.
- Can be used with any Git Repository
- Allows categorizing Notes based on Folders
- No Account Required
- Open source
- Matrix Chat Room - #gitjournal:matrix.org
- Reddit Community - Join Us
- Newsletter - Signup Here
- Twitter - Follow for Updates
Migrating from Existing Apps
Please feel free to open an issue for any bug or feature request. Additionally, you can vote on existing Issues by reacting with a '