Open Display Transform
An open source, chromaticity preserving, simple neutral and robust display transform for preparing wide gamut scene-linear high dynamic range images for being presented on a display device.
Currently available as a Nuke node. Resolve DCTL is planned once the design is in a less experimental stage.
ALPHA SOFTWARE - be warned that this software is highly experimental, and is being actively tested and developed. It is highly recommended that you do not use it for production use in the creation of images.
- Simple - Simplicity of design
- Robust - Can handle a variety of extremes without breaking
- Neutral - No strong look, no creative intent, faithful to input imagery
- Chromaticity Preserving - Faithfully represent the chromaticity values of the input image
- Information Preserving - Preserve as much data as possible from the input image
- Invertible - Can operate in the forward and inverse directions within limitations
- Separate the Look - Intended to be used in conjunction with a look transform upstream in the processing chain
What does a display transform do?
- Convert scene-referred to display-referred
- Compress high dynamic range to low dynamic range
- Compress wide gamut to smaller display gamut
- Apply chromaticity conversion and inverse EOTF to prepare image for display device