Next Release: To be defined.
Release Date: December 5, 2019
- New features:
- Support to PostgreSQL 12.
- Table DDL panel shows generated columns.
- Added SQL template for Cluster Index, accessible from context menu in TreeView.
- Added Advanced Object Search as an option in Inner Tab context menu.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed: Server ping causing peaks of false positives in moments of brief network interruption or idle activities, or when the notebook running OmniDB was put to sleep.
- Fixed: High CPU usage when SSH console is being used and tunnel gets closed.
- Fixed: Render issue with graph chart type.
- Fixed: Permission issue to install OmniDB plugins on Linux.
Full Documentation: https://omnidb.readthedocs.io
OmniDB is a web tool that simplifies database management focusing on interactivity, designed to be powerful and lightweight. Check-out some characteristics:
- Web Tool: Accessible from any platform, using a browser as a medium
- Responsive Interface: All available functions in a single page
- Unified Workspace: Different technologies managed in a single workspace
- Simplified Editing: Easy to add and remove connections
- Safety: Multi-user support with encrypted personal information
- Interactive Tables: All functionalities use interactive tables, allowing copying and pasting in blocks
- Smart SQL Editor: Contextual SQL code completion
- Beautiful SQL Editor: You can choose between many available color themes
- Tabbed SQL Editor: Easily add, rename or delete editor tabs
- Python (3.6+)
- MySQL / MariaDB
- Microsoft SQL Server
- IBM DB2
OmniDB is designed for easy database management. Here are some features:
- Tree view showing database structure
- Simple form for table creation and editing
- Tables' names
- Columns: name, type and nullable
- Primary keys and respective columns
- Foreign keys with either table and reference columns, including updating rules and removal as well
- Data management: Add, edit and remove records
- SQL Editing
- Full-featured SQL Editor with syntax highlighting
- SQL code completion for table columns and subquery
- SQL code completion with basic contextual information
- Visualization of explain plan
- PL/pgSQL function debugger (requires a PostgreSQL plugin, please see here)
- Show PL/pgSQL debugging session statistics
- Monitoring dashboard
- Console Tab
- SSH Console
- Full Dark Theme
- Object Properties
- Object DDL
- Export Data
- SQL History
- Graphs displaying tables and their relations
- Graphs displaying complete ER diagram
- Contextual help
- Snippet management
2.1- Installation packages
Just go to omnidb.org, download the appropriate file for your operating system and architecture and install it.
You can also install from repositories (as root):
2.2- Debian / Ubuntu repository
apt install apt-transport-https dirmngr echo "deb https://dl.bintray.com/wind39/omnidb-deb debian main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omnidb.list apt-key adv --recv-keys 379CE192D401AB61 apt update apt install omnidb-app # for the app; or apt install omnidb-server # for the server
IMPORTANT: Currently OmniDB PostgreSQL debugger plugin packages are recommended to be installed from Debian PGDG repository:
sudo echo "deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ $(lsb_release -cs)-pgdg main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list sudo wget --quiet -O - https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ACCC4CF8.asc | apt-key add - sudo apt install postgresql-X.Y-omnidb
For more details, please check the OmniDB PostgreSQL debugger plugin documentation here.
IMPORTANT: Currently OmniDB server is also available from PGDG repository, but only working on Debian 10. There are some issues for this package on Debian 9. Please check some relevant issues about this here:
2.3- CentOS 7 / Fedora repository
cat > /etc/yum.repos.d/omnidb.repo <<EOF [omnidb] name=omnidb baseurl=https://dl.bintray.com/wind39/omnidb-rpm gpgcheck=0 repo_gpgcheck=0 enabled=1 EOF yum install omnidb-app # for the app; or yum install omnidb-server # for the server; or yum install omnidb-plugin # for the plugin
For more details about the
omnidb-plugin, please check the OmniDB PostgreSQL debugger plugin documentation here.
3- From sources
If your purpose is to use OmniDB, we recommend installing latest packages as explained above. But if you are developing for OmniDB, then you can install it from sources, with system-wide
pip or user-wide
3.1- On Debian >= 9 with
sudo apt install python3-pip pip3 install pip --upgrade pip3 install -r requirements.txt
3.2- On Debian/Ubuntu using
sudo apt install git make build-essential libssl-dev zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev libreadline-dev libsqlite3-dev wget curl llvm libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev xz-utils git clone https://github.com/pyenv/pyenv.git ~/.pyenv echo 'export PYENV_ROOT="$HOME/.pyenv"' >> ~/.bashrc echo 'export PATH="$PYENV_ROOT/bin:$PATH"' >> ~/.bashrc echo 'eval "$(pyenv init -)"' >> ~/.bashrc source ~/.bashrc pyenv install 3.6.5 cd OMNIDB_FOLDER pyenv local 3.6.5 pip install pip --upgrade pip install -r requirements.txt
3.3- Cloning OmniDB repo
git clone https://github.com/OmniDB/OmniDB
3.4- Running OmniDB from sources
To start OmniDB server, enter into
OmniDB/OmniDB folder and type:
python omnidb-server.py -c omnidb.conf