A screensaver that reads a text file from somewhere on your PC.
It doesn't have to be a todo list of course, that's just the best use case I can think of, and what I designed it for.
git clone https://github.com/roryok/todoscreensaver
- Compile using Visual Studio 2015
- Rename the binary todoscreensaver.exe to todoscreensaver.scr
- Right-click on todoscreensaver.scr and click "install"
- PATH - where your text file is stored
- CLOSE MODE - dismiss either with a mouse movement or with the escape key
- BACKGROUND / FOREGROUND - set colors for the screensaver.
formatting the text file
No special formatting is required - we're literally just reading and displaying a text file.
I like to start my todo item lines with utf8 symbols like the ones below
- ☐ BALLOT BOX (U+2610) -- not yet completed task
- ✓ CHECK MARK (U+2713) -- completed task
- ✗ BALLOT X (U+2717) -- cancelled or failed task
This app is licenced under GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2). I'm a noob when it comes to licencing, but I'm fairly sure I have to GPL it, because it uses some GPL'ed code.