Northwind Traders is a sample application built using ASP.NET Core and Entity Framework Core. The architecture and design of the project is explained in the video:
The initial construction of this project is explained in the following blog posts:
- Code: Northwind Traders with Entity Framework Core
- Create Northwind Traders Code First with Entity Framework Core – Part 1
- Create Northwind Traders Code First with Entity Framework Core – Part 2
For information on upcoming features and fixes, take a look at the product roadmap.
Use these instructions to get the project up and running.
You will need the following tools:
- Visual Studio Code or Visual Studio 2019 (version 16.3 or later)
- .NET Core SDK 3
- Node.js (version 10 or later) with npm (version 6.11.3 or later)
Follow these steps to get your development environment set up:
Clone the repository
At the root directory, restore required packages by running:
Next, build the solution by running:
Next, within the
\Src\WebUI\ClientAppdirectory, launch the front end by running:
Once the front end has started, within the
\Src\WebUIdirectory, launch the back end by running:
Launch https://localhost:44376/ in your browser to view the Web UI
Launch https://localhost:44376/api in your browser to view the API
- .NET Core 3
- ASP.NET Core 3
- Entity Framework Core 3
- Angular 8
The master branch is running .NET Core 3. The dotnetcore22 branch contains an earlier version built with .NET Core 2.2. This is the version closely related to the talks on Clean Architecture with ASP.NET Core 2.1 / 2.2.
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details.