Version 4.5.0 focuses on improving async stack traces as well as tweaking web scenarios to provide additional value. We also are now testing the client on every build against MacOS, Linux and Windows!.
- All unit tests now run cross MacOS, Linux and Windows on every build! This will help prevent any cross platform bugs going forward!
- Improve Async stack traces by removing async state machines (#236)
- Improved how we resolved application version (#236).
- Added ability to configure default client through lambda in
UseExceptionless(c => c.ReadFromConfiguration(Configuration)) method (https://github.com/exceptionless/Exceptionless.Net/commit/55ff46522f74130d24af001119c081575e3bc895)
- For ASP.NET clients
- Added .NET Core config support for EnableLogging , LogPath, QueueMaxAge, QueueMaxAttempts, StorageSerializer (#237). This brings parity with the previous Config Section implementations and allows you to do client diagnostic logging without recompiling your applications!
- Request cancelled exceptions won't be submitted. This can prevent a lot of noise in web applications.
- Don't include Post Data for GET Requests. This was an unnecessary and potentially expensive operation (#236).
- Improved client side logging when using client diagnostic logging to use a Mutex instead of a lock file (https://github.com/exceptionless/Exceptionless.Net/commit/8306e83266fae60087bc0f022a7bec3e0eea013a). This should help prevent any issues with logs not being written to disk due to a stale lock file.
- Removed support for Nancy. The official Nancy project has been deprecated. If you are using Nancy please stay on version v4.4.1 (#235).
- We updated the minimum .NET Framework version from
4.5.2. Please note that .NET 4.5.x is no longer supported by Microsoft.
Upgrading to 4.5.0
If upgrading from v2 or v3 the upgrade process should include just updating your NuGet packages. Please see the upgrade guide for more information.
Please take a look at the change log for a full list of the changes.
We're listening and we'd love to hear your feedback! Please send us your feedback by clicking on one of the links below!