What is DotSpatial?
DotSpatial is a geographic information system library written for .NET Framework. It allows developers to incorporate spatial data, analysis and mapping functionality into their applications or to contribute GIS extensions to the community.
DotSpatial provides a map control for .NET and several GIS capabilities including:
- Display a map in a .NET Windows Forms.
- Open shapefiles, grids, rasters and images.
- Render symbology and labels.
- Reproject on the fly.
- Manipulate and display attribute data.
- Scientific analysis.
- Read GPS data.
Questions & Documentation
Please use the discussion list to post any discussions related to the development or use of DotSpatial libraries. This is a great place to discuss potential features and to ask questions about how to use the libraries.
Documentation and code samples:
Still have questions? Maybe someone already asked them.
See Contributing for information about how to contribute!
- Continious integration build
- Latest available build from master branch
- Continious Integration builds Nuget feed
It's MIT. The original DotSpatial (dotspatial.codeplex.com) was released under the LGPL, the new version hosted on GitHub is released under the MIT license.
You can download the latest stable release via NuGet.