Generates sprites from a collection of parts and a palette.
This was built with Visual Studio for Mac. Open Solution, run project, it should read inputs from the
/Reference folder and spit out output to
/Dudes folder. See
Main for more details about directory paths.
- Enumerate all files in source dir
- Open palette BMP, read in palette info
- Select palette info by random
- Select one file from each set as ordered by specified layers
- Draw all the layers on top of each other using selected palette info
Palettes have the following groups:
- Primary Cloth
- Hair color
- Secondary Cloth
- Dark accent color (e.g. paint on shields)
- Metal color
- Wood color
- Tertiary color
A full blog post explaining how this works and other fun details can be found at http://davideyork.com/gengam-2016/.